Crawling or walking kids mostly 6 months to 2 years of age are more prone to injury or other accidents in the indoor or outdoor of their homes because while crawling or walking they tend to reach at an area which is unsafe for them. Therefore in order to avoid such accidents it is the responsibility of the parents to provide them safety guards such as baby safety gate for their protection. If you are willing to buy a safety gate for your kid, take help of baby gate reviews to find the safe and reliable gate.
Important things to consider while buying a baby gate
If you are buying baby gate for your baby it is important to notice few things before buying it.
- The type of door is needed-The very first thing that should be noticed is the type of door that is required for your baby. On this requirement only you will be able to find the door that will be more appropriate for the purpose. Pressure baby gates, hardware mounted gates or free standing gates are the three types of gates available in the market. Based on your need, buy the most suitable one.
- Easy accessibility-Look for a gate that can be opened easily else you will be in difficulty while crossing many a times in a day. Mostly hardware mounted gates are openable as compared to pressure gates. So define your purpose before buying a gate for your toddler else you will waste your money if the purpose remains unfulfilled.
- The space between the slats- According to standards, the gap between the slats should not be more than 3 inches if the slats are placed in vertical position. If this gap increases beyond three inches it could lead to certain unwanted results such as babies head may get trapped in a wider gap which might lead to suffocation.
- Read the reviews- While buying any type of baby gate of any brand it is important to read the reviews of that particular gate over the online on the seller’s website. From reviews you will get to know every minute detail about the product and how far it is fulfilling the purpose.
- Authorization– The baby gate which you are buying should be certified by JPMA society of testing to ensure greater safety.