Hearing loss and tinnitus are common problems that are faced by veterans of the United States military.Oliveira audiology and hearing center has more than 25 years of experience in rightly treating hearing loss and then recommending the best solutions needed for the patient’s hearing needs.
They are a dedicated team who are totally committed to helping, and the veterans are eligible for various benefits and disability compensation from the VA.
Read more to find out several treatments and hearing loss services for veterans.
What are the services the center offers?
Hearing loss and tinnitus are two common problems that most veterans face due to their loud voices at the time of training exercises, combat, and other activities. To help veterans deal with such problems, the VA provides two main services, such as:
- Monthly tax-free payments by VA disability compensation
- Hearing healthcare treatment is available at low or no cost with the help of VA health benefits.
How can you be eligible for free hearing aids through the VA?
There are some steps to qualify for VA health benefits. You are certainly eligible if you meet any one of the required conditions, such as:
- You have a compensation disability that is related to your service in the military army.
- If you have received a purple heart award
- If you were a prisoner of war
- You receive an increased pension which is required for proper treatment or due to being housebound permanently.
- When you have hearing loss, which may be caused by another medical condition
- Your hearing is so impaired that you are unable to work and pay for your own medical treatment.
- When you have a hearing impairment, because of which you cannot perform day-to-day tasks and other activities.
Is tinnitus completely curable?
There is no specific treatment for the cure of tinnitus. However, many techniques and procedures are involved in improving the conditions and helping to deal with them more comfortably.
Veterans must know about all the benefits that are provided to help them deal with hearing loss problems. Therefore, they need to have all the correct information and knowledge about the process.